How to install a basin waste
Ever wanted to know how to install a basin waste? Well, you’re in the right place.
What will I need?
- Mastic Gun
Step by step instructions
1. Remove the trap to the basin. (Be careful though, the trap will be full of water!)
2. With the trap removed, use a pair of grips to untighten the hexagonal nut, turning anticlockwise.
3. Remove any excess silicone and dry the area.
4. Top tip! Put a small bead of clear silicone around the underside of waste.
5. Place the waste in position.
6. Tighten in waste turning the hexagonal nut clockwise.
7. Remove excess silicone.
8. Refit the trap
9. Test for function and leaks.