How to fit a toilet seat
Posted by: Phil, 03rd April 2019
You are bound to need to do this at least once in your life! It’s no biggie though, you only need a screwdriver (and a bit of common sense, I guess)
What will I need?
- - Screwdriver
Step by step instructions
- 1. First check the new seat and that all required fixings are present.
- 2. Remove old toilet – fixings vary!
- 3. Lift off the seat and associated seals.
- 4. Clean the area.
- 5. Check instructions for new seat.
- 6. Install seal kit and select correct holes for bolts to be located (depending on toilet pan)
- 7. Try seat in position.
- 8. Once you’re happy, tighten seat with wing nuts, turning clockwise.
- 9. Check operation.
So, you’ve fixed your current toilet seat, but is it time to upgrade to a brand new, shiny one? If so, pop on over and have a look at what we have to offer.